As a contractor, safety compliance is essential for the well-being of both your team and the people you are servicing. Proper preparation for safety compliance can help ensure your work is following safety regulations, reducing the chance of penalties or injuries. Having an inclusive plan that everyone understands is key to maintaining safety compliance throughout projects regardless of their size or complexity.
Benefits of Contractor Safety Compliance
Contractor safety compliance ensures companies are protecting the health and safety of workers, reducing workplace accidents, maintaining a positive reputation, and saving costs by avoiding fines, lawsuits, and work stoppages.
- Minimizes the risk of workplace injuries and accidents
- Creates a safe working environment for contractors and employees
- Demonstrates a commitment to prioritizing the well-being of workers
- Enhances the company's reputation as a responsible and safety-conscious organization
- Builds trust and confidence among clients, stakeholders, and the public
- Avoids costly fines and penalties from regulatory agencies for non-compliance
- Minimizes the risk of lawsuits resulting from contractor-related accidents
- Prevents work stoppages and disruptions that can lead to financial losses
In pre-qualification systems such as ISNetworld® and Avetta®, a new year means a new set of account maintenance tasks.
Avetta® Contractor Compliance
Avetta® asks that all companies complete a variety of questionnaires, nearly as time-consuming as the initial account setup. Aside from validating client-specific questionnaires, contractors are also requested to submit an Annual Update.
The Avetta® Annual Update requires the following information:
- Previous year’s OSHA 300 and OSHA 300A logs
- Average employee count and hours worked
- Details of any OSHA violations or fines
- Details of any recordable injuries
- Current Experience Modification Rate or Workers’ Compensation Loss Run Reports
- MSHA hours and details (if relevant)
ISNetworld® Pre-Qualification for Contractors and Suppliers
Similar to Avetta®, the goal is to provide annual statistics for the previous year. ISNetworld® opens up their questionnaire for the 4th quarter along with the entire previous year’s Key Performance Indicators and Metrics. This section of the ISNetworld® questionnaire contains questions relative to employee count, hours worked, and recordable injuries. An MSHA section will also be populated, if relevant.
The ISNetworld® Annual Update requires the following information:
- ISN occasionally takes advantage of the new year to open up new sections of the Questionnaire for general profile purposes. Hiring clients often edit their requirements during this time as well.
- ISNetworld® will also require completed OSHA 300 and OSHA 300A logs. OSHA logs will be thoroughly reviewed for accuracy and must match the information that was self-reported.
Review updated 2024 ISNetworld® costs.
Annual update completion is part of our Account Maintenance Plan. Our team works diligently to complete open tasks and monitors for review acceptance. We answer any new questions, gather and submit all required documents.
Getting Compliant For Contractor Approved Lists
Having a vetting system that is current and complete is extremely important. Most hiring clients plan future projects at the start of the year. It’s necessary for contractors and suppliers using these systems to have all profile components completed to earn placement on Contractor Approved Lists. From January to the end of April, we see a mad rush of anxious contractors and suppliers looking for good grades and safety compliance. The opportunity for new bidding opportunities is one of the top reasons for contractor investments in vetting systems such as ISNetworld®, Avetta®, and Veriforce®.
Save Time & Stay Compliant With Expert Safety Consultants
Industrial Compliance & Safety Make Staying Compliant Easy
Overall, annual updates across all platforms (even Veriforce®, Complyworks®, and Cognibox®) can be very time-consuming and require a great deal of expertise and company resources for review. It’s ideal to tackle the new tasks as soon as possible to prevent missed deadlines. Having a clean and up-to-date profile can certainly enhance job opportunities. Our Account Maintenance Plan was developed to save companies time and optimize the investment made in pre-qualification systems. Our team of expert safety consultants works quickly to complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks.
Industrial Compliance and safety consultants have over 20 years of global safety compliance experience providing each client a tailored approach to their unique safety compliance needs. We work with clients across the world providing global services to ensure compliance with industry regulations and requirements including USA, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South & Central America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia/New Zealand. Don’t wait for the new year, be proactive and contact us online or call us today (855) 908-3386)!
Ready To Get Compliant Today?
Call us or complete the form below!